Shinn Estate Vineyards is a family-owned winery & farmhouse located in the heart of the North Fork. For 20 years, Shinn has pioneered sustainable farming in the Long Island Wine Industry thanks to founders Barbara Shinn & David Page.
In April 2017, Shinn & Page sold Shinn Estate Vineyards to Randy & Barbara Frankel. Biodynamic farming & sustainability are key factors in the winemaking process at Shinn. Winemaker, Patrick Caserta, has been with the vineyard since 2011 and takes pride in the sustainable approach.
Tucked away on Oregon Road, Shinn’s century-old farmhouse lounges in a tranquil vineyard. Guests are invited to lounge in the newly-renovated Wine Library, where a cozy, rustic setting overlooks our beautiful barrel cellar & serene vineyard. Fresh ideas, energy and enthusiasm mean that the future of Shinn Estate is looking incredibly bright.
Shinn At a Glance:
* Practices organic & biodynamic viticulture & winemaking
* 1 of 3 vineyards in the United States to voluntarily list all wine ingredients on the back of the bottle
* House wine at One World Observatory & Rainbow Room
* Cofounders of the Long Island Sustainable Winegrowers
* 20 planted acres of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Malbec, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Chardonnay, Semillon, Pinot Blanc
* Chosen by Eric Asimov NY Times Wine Writer as “20 Wines Under $20: Touring the World”
VINEYARD & WINERY
Buses/Limos Accepted: Buses By Appointment Only
Large Groups: Buses By Appointment Only
Good for kids: Yes
Picnic Friendly: No
Pet friendly: Yes
Weekly Events: Yes
Wine Club: Yes
Now at any time you can add any Winery or Vineyard to your trip itinerary instantly by clicking the add button.
Then share your itinerary with everyone in your party and you’re ready to go.